Surrounded by clutter and chaos? I’ve spent the better part of my life trying to get my living areas neat and tidy. It’s difficult for me to read and study my Bible when the house is cluttered and messy! These tips truly work and will help you delight in your Home and breathe a sigh of relief on a daily basis!
Here are my 10 easy tips!
1. Get rid of clutter. If there’s one thing I’ve learned (and am learning!), it’s that clutter and excess junk cannot be ‘organized’. Clutter will never be neat. It will never be tidy. It needs to be thrown away/donated! Taking a lesson from Marie Kondo herself, if it doesn’t spark joy in your heart and life, then it’s time to get rid of it. We don’t need to feel guilty or obligated to keep things in our life that are bogging us down, do we? I am in the process of keeping only the things that bring me joy, and it has revolutionized my life! My home is looking better than ever, and it’s a great relief that the burden of excess clutter is dissipating. I’m loving my living areas!
2. Make the Bed! As soon as you get up and before you hit the bathroom, take a minute and make your bed. There’s something about getting it done that makes the bedroom look tidier and put together! Yes, I know you are going to get back in your bed later on to sleep, but you’re just going to have to trust me on this one. It makes your bedroom look so much better! Each time you walk into your bedroom, your nicely made bed will greet you!
3. Do a load of laundry. From start to finish… washing, drying, folding, put on hangers and put away into closet and drawers… get it done. Every day. After I make my bed and hit the bathroom, I gather my hamper and start a load. First thing. It reduces the chance that it won’t get done later on. I also set my timer for 45 minutes so I don’t forget it and flip it over to the dryer or hang my clothing up to dry. If you don’t have a load every day then try every other day.
4. Empty trash cans daily. Every morning I empty my laundry room trash, bedroom trash, bathroom and kitchen trash. I keep spare bags handy in the bottom of the trash receptacle to replace them quickly and streamline the process.
5. Keep the kitchen sink clean and dishes washed. I wash my dishes as I go and don’t let them pile up. When I come home and see a sink full of dishes my mood changes instantly! It’s not pretty when that happens!
6. Swipe the bathroom daily. Every morning I wipe down my bathroom countertops, sink and toilet. Sometimes I use 2 baby wipes and sometimes I use cleaning rags that I store underneath my sink. Either one works for me and it takes less than two minutes.
7. Clutter bust 10 things daily. If you are getting up to get a drink of water and your computer desk is a mess, put away 10 things. Ten items is super easy and it really helps!
8. Complete a ‘chore of the day’. I have a chore for every day of the week. On Monday I wipe down our laundry room. On Tuesday I take out the garbage to the curb and wipe the inside and outside of the trash cans that are around the house. On Wednesday I vacuum our carpets and wash our bathroom rugs. On Friday I wipe out the inside of the refrigerator and freezer/ These chores are things that need to be done weekly and only take a few minutes. Super easy stuff.
9. Spend 15 minutes doing heavy cleaning Monday through Friday. Who wants to spend their Saturday or Sunday doing a marathon of household chores? Not I! It only makes sense to do a little bit of heavy cleaning daily and saving the weekend to spend with those you love!
10. Don’t procrastinate. This one is the most difficult of all. But I guarantee that if you do these things you will delight in your home!
Once I implemented these things my home looked better instantly.
From start to finish I can continue keeping my home together in about an hour a day… sometimes less. Less stress equals a very happy me!
Doing these things will help you to keep your home in awesome shape and I promise you that you will DELIGHT in your home!
[Tweet “These 10 Daily Tasks that will Help you Delight in Your Home!”
Make your Home Lovely!
Lovely Friends! Let’s Connect!!!
Subscribe to the Newsletter / Subscribe for the Free Stock Image Collection Club /
Follow me on Facebook / Interact on Instagram
Pin with me on Pinterest / Tweet with me on Twitter